Like nonna do
Like nonna do
1) First of all, boil the potatoes with the skin in plenty of cold water for about 20 – 25 minutes.
2) Drain them only when they are soft under the prongs of the fork.
3) Drain the potatoes, remove the peel before mashing them for a residue-free puree and let them cool.
4) Finally, use a potato masher. If you have used the right potatoes, the pulp will be dry. If you see that a few drops of water come out when squeezing, let it come out before mashing the puree!
5) Make a dry puree and let it cool in a bowl for at least 10 minutes, until it feels fresh to the touch! cold puree absorbs less flour!knead very little and quickly, just long enough to assemble all the ingredients (working the dough too much makes it sticky!)
6) Form a ball and immediately make your potato dumplings!
Click on the different category headings to learn more. You can also change some of your preferences. Keep in mind that blocking certain types of cookies may affect your experience on our Web sites and the services we are able to offer.
These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with the services available through our website and to use some of its features.
Because these cookies are strictly necessary to provide the website, rejecting them will impact how our website works. You can always block or delete cookies by changing your browser settings and forcibly blocking all cookies on this site. But this will always ask you to accept/reject cookies when you revisit our site.
We fully respect if you want to reject cookies, but to avoid that we kindly ask you over and over again to allow storing cookies for this. You are free to opt out at any time or opt for other cookies to get a better experience. If you reject cookies, we will remove all cookies set in our domain.
We provide you with a list of cookies stored on your computer in our domain so that you can check what we have stored. For security reasons, we are not able to show or change cookies from other domains. You can check them in your browser's security settings.
These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate to help us understand how our website is being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us personalize our website and application for you to improve your experience.
If you do not want us to track your visit to our site you can disable tracking in your browser here:
We also use several external services such as Google Webfonts, Google Maps, and external video providers. Since these providers may collect personal data such as your IP address, we allow you to block them here. Please note that this may greatly reduce the functionality and appearance of our site. Changes will take effect once you reload the page.
Google map settings:
Google Recaptcha settings:
Youtube video embeds: