My way to make ragù
My way to make ragù
1) Wash celery and carrot and peel the onion and garlic .Chop all the vegetables very finely.
2) Put the oil and vegetables in the pan.
3) Bring it to the fire and sauté, over a very low heat, for about ten minutes, turning occasionally. When half cooked, add a pinch of salt. Leave the pan covered for this whole phase.
4) Meanwhile wash the rosemary, select the leaves and finely chop them with the crescent on a cutting board.
5) When the vegetables are browned, turn up the heat and add the meat, a little at a time, stirring.Add the chopped rosemary and season the meat until it dries all its cooking water and begins to stick to the bottom. In this phase stir constantly to prevent it from burning.
6) Add the red wine and continue cooking over high heat until it is completely evaporated and the meat turns brown. This phase is very important because the aromatic compounds are formed which make the sauce good and because there must be no trace of alcohol, which would give the sauce an unpleasant taste.
7) Once evaporation is complete, add the tomato puree, a couple of large pinches of salt, a generous grinding of pepper and mix.
8) Cover and wait for it to simmer again.
9) At this point it is necessary to transfer the pot on a small fire with respect to its size and get to lower the flame little by little until it slowly cooks, barely simmering.
10) The ragù must cook at least for 1 hour, with the lid. Turn it from time to time with a wooden spoon.After the indicated time, taste it and season with salt.The ragù is now ready to be used.
Click on the different category headings to learn more. You can also change some of your preferences. Keep in mind that blocking certain types of cookies may affect your experience on our Web sites and the services we are able to offer.
These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with the services available through our website and to use some of its features.
Because these cookies are strictly necessary to provide the website, rejecting them will impact how our website works. You can always block or delete cookies by changing your browser settings and forcibly blocking all cookies on this site. But this will always ask you to accept/reject cookies when you revisit our site.
We fully respect if you want to reject cookies, but to avoid that we kindly ask you over and over again to allow storing cookies for this. You are free to opt out at any time or opt for other cookies to get a better experience. If you reject cookies, we will remove all cookies set in our domain.
We provide you with a list of cookies stored on your computer in our domain so that you can check what we have stored. For security reasons, we are not able to show or change cookies from other domains. You can check them in your browser's security settings.
These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate to help us understand how our website is being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us personalize our website and application for you to improve your experience.
If you do not want us to track your visit to our site you can disable tracking in your browser here:
We also use several external services such as Google Webfonts, Google Maps, and external video providers. Since these providers may collect personal data such as your IP address, we allow you to block them here. Please note that this may greatly reduce the functionality and appearance of our site. Changes will take effect once you reload the page.
Google map settings:
Google Recaptcha settings:
Youtube video embeds: